For our office in Hamburg we are currently looking for a
Content Specialist (m/f)
1. Backround:The hub for sponsorship communication is a new centralized approach that will gather and produce child sponsorship related content that can be adapted for both print and digital. It will help refine the child sponsorship journey by producing content that is of high-quality, impact focused, bite-sized and digital to make child sponsorship ‘’real’’ in a development context to enhance donor engagement. It will give the different fundraising offices in Plan access to sponsorship communication material which can easily be adapted to their respective markets. The hub will also facilitate easy sharing of communication material between the different fundraising offices so that communication material can be used across the federation.
2. Purpose:The purpose of this job is to manage the hub for sponsorship communication and to deliver and monitor sponsor facing communications and content. The role will ensure cost effective communications through the development of shared communication items and the collection and sharing of relevant quality content for local use in both digital and traditional channels that drive sponsor awareness and retention.
3. Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinating resources in hub and support from different other fundraising offices to produce donor friendly sponsorship communication items
- Writing finished communication items in line with agreed requirements and business rules
- Quality control of raw material provided by program countries in Asia in the first year. Providing colleagues in program countries with qualitative feedback
- Develop and propose a service level agreement with appropriate reporting mechanisms and KPIs
- Development of a 12 month plan for the development communications that ensures transparency, accountability and delivery against objective
- Develop global implementation plan and participate in the roll-out of new elements of the sponsorship communication package in program countries in Africa and Latin-America in summer 2019
- Contribute to budget planning processes of the NO hub, identifying needs and resource implications
- To develop a common understanding of the needs in the different fundraising countries and to negotiate agreed requirements across all fundraising offices. Establishing a network across all fundraising offices
- To identify where and how internal partners have a significant role and contribution to the planning and/or delivery of activity and to develop a plan in order to ensure appropriate engagement
- Continuously analysing content initiatives and developments together with a support group and making changes to plans and activities to ensure Plan International is ahead of the curve in its area of work
- Contribute to setting up content KPI and produce regular reports showcasing effectiveness of outputs or making suggestions for opportunities
- The Department’s work is in part cyclical and seasonal and there may be some restriction on taking annual leave.
- Ensure that the Hub activities are aligned to all other aspects of sponsorship and Plan International activities through close working with relevant stakeholders
4. Qualification & Experience:
- A university degree (communication, social science, etc)
- An appreciation for and experience of working within a development education context
- Experience of working within a communications or media department (min 3 years)
- Experience of commissioning design, print and interactive content
- Experiences in data management/ data specialist skills
- Excellent project management and organisational skills and ability to handle a multi task workload in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (incl. proof reading) and experience in producing communication for marketing and retention purposes, preferably native speaker
- Good written and verbal communication skills in German
- Time management skills and ability to work to deadlines whilst maintaining high standards.
- Presentation and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with a wide range of people at different levels, internally and externally. Able to develop good client relationships to gain the trust and credibility of key colleagues.
- Problem solving skills
- Working with colleagues in all parts of the world and ability to lead and to work with them in a team
- Knowing how to build support for goals and projects from people who do not report to you and over whom you have no authority.
- Willingness to travel to participate in workshops worldwide
5. What we offer
- A modern workplace
- Great work-life balance including flexible working hours
- Our on-site canteen, fresh fruit, free drinks and more
- An international and intercultural working environment
If you are interested in this demanding job, please apply online. Please note that only applications and CVs written in English will be accepted.
Bramfelder Straße 70